Summary of the items to consider when calculating pressure drops.
Factors that affect fluid flow
Fluid flow in
pipes is affected by many different factors:
- The viscosity, density, and velocity of the fluid.
- Changes in the fluid temperature will change the viscosity
& density of the fluid.
- The length, inner diameter, and in the case of turbulent flow,
the internal roughness of the pipe.
- The position of the supply and discharge containers relative to
the pump position.
- The addition of rises & falls within the pipe layout.
- The number & types of bends in the pipe layout.
- The number & types of valves, & other fittings, in the
- Entrance & exit conditions of the pipe work.
[ Now superseded by
Pipe Flow Expert ]